JOB TITLE: Dishwasher/Custodian
REPORTS TO: Food Service Manager
STATUS: Part time (approx 25 hours per week), Regular, Non-exempt, Non-benefited
PURPOSE: Involved in the daily operations of the kitchen, dining rooms and conference facility throughout the academic year and is responsible for maintaining the health and safety standards of the commercial kitchen and conference facility.
- Operates dish machine to company and manufacturer specifications.
- Uses proper measurement of detergent and sanitizer in the dish machine according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Wash and restock all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots, pans and other cooking equipment.
- Gather, empty and remove all garbage.
- Keep dish and storage areas clean and organized
- Clean kitchen and dining room floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming, steam cleaning, or shampooing.
- Perform any combination of light housekeeping duties to maintain commercial establishments in a clean and orderly manner. Duties may include making beds, replenishing linens, doing laundry, and cleaning rooms and halls.
- Clean, polish, dust furniture, fixtures, windows and mirrors and clean and maintain cooking, serving, and catering equipment according to company and manufacture specifications.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Monitor compliance with health, safety and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and unobstructed workspace through general cleaning of the kitchen and dining areas.
- Assists facility in maintaining compliance with the regulations of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Responsible for locking and securing rooms and buildings from entry
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
Alaska Christian College esteems our students and co-workers and values each as members of our community of faith. Students, faculty, staff, visitors, and vendors are all considered customers and it is the duty of each employee, regardless of their position, to perform to a high level of customer service. All employees are encouraged to develop meaningful relationships with students and other staff to promote the mutual growth of deeper whole-life discipleship.
- Must have or acquire ServSafe certification and /or Alaska Food Handlers Card within 30 days of hire.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written, with comprehensive understanding of the English language.
- Must have the ability to understand information being presented and be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Detailed oriented, with high degree of accuracy and skill in all work performed
- Functions well in a cross-cultural environment and willing to be a team player.
- Must be able to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Must be able to work independently and show good judgment, be comfortable working alone, self-motivated and able to complete a task with little or no supervision.
- Must be organized, efficient, and show good time management skills.
- Must be reliable and dependable with regular, timely attendance.
- Must be willing to agree to and sign statement of Evangelical Covenant Affirmations.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
PLEASE NOTE: ACC is a religious organization; to be considered for an interview, candidates should submit a short statement of faith along with their application materials and once hired, employees are required to sign a document agreeing with the Evangelical Statement of Faith and Affirmations. The Covenant Affirmations can be found here: https://covchurch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2011/02/2-Covenant-Affirmations.pdf.
This position will spend 100% of the time standing. It requires considerable use of arms and legs and moving the body in lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. This position must be able to transport 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds on a regular basis. There is occasional environmental exposure to cold, heat, water and hazardous materials. Must be able to see 20/20 vision with correction. Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
If any questions arise regarding what is appropriate, speak with the Director of Food Service.
- Clean and well kept attire and supportive, closed-toe shoes are required.
- Socks/stockings/nylons required; no bare legs or feet allowed.
- Hair must be neat, pulled back and secured away from face and facial hair must be trimmed and well groomed.
- Fingernails must be trimmed and well groomed.
- All other jewelry to be kept to a bare minimum.