JOB TITLE: Registrar
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Academics
STATUS: Part-time (approx 20 hours per week), Regular, Non-Exempt, Non-Benefited
PURPOSE: To provide leadership and oversight for activities and systems related to academic records, student registration, graduation eligibility and to work closely with administration, faculty, staff, and students. Serves on key committees.
- Develop and supervise registration, drop/add, declaration of pass/fail and audit, and maintenance of all registration programs in cooperation with admissions and the business office.
- Develops and implements academic policies regarding student records.
- Manages the student record database, distributes all formal academic information and records, and ensures the security and integrity of academic records.
- Works with the Vice President for Academic Affairs to certify candidate eligibility for graduation and provides degree audits to advisors and students.
- Prepares semester schedules and classroom assignments.
- Certify students for graduation, honors, and class standing.
- Provides institutional research for institutional, federal, and accrediting reports, including coordinating IPEDS.
- Approve and process requests for diplomas received after the graduation date (when student bills are paid).
- Understand and enforce FERPA regulations within the college community.
- Confer as requested on revision of publications and brochures.
- Serve on Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)Committee.
- Develop standard operation procedures (SOP) manual for the Registrar Position.
- Supervise the administration of the Student Course Evaluation process each semester.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: none
Alaska Christian College esteems our students and co-workers and values each as members of our community of faith. Students, faculty, staff, visitors, and vendors are all considered to be customers and it is the duty of each employee, regardless of their position, to perform to a high level of customer service. All employees are encouraged to develop meaningful relationships with students and other staff to promote the mutual growth of deeper whole-life discipleship.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience in an office and/or personnel related field preferred.
- Knowledge of personnel practices.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Detail oriented, with a high degree of accuracy and skill in all work performed.
- Functions well in a cross-cultural environment, has a teachable attitude, is a team player.
- Reliable and dependable, with the ability to work independently and show good judgment.
- Organized, efficient, and show good time management skills
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be willing to agree to and sign statement of Evangelical Covenant Affirmations
- Must be able to pass a background check.
PLEASE NOTE: ACC is a religious organization; to be considered for an interview, candidates should submit a short statement of faith along with their application materials and once hired, employees are required to sign a document agreeing with the Evangelical Statement of Faith and Affirmations. The Covenant Affirmations can be found here: https://covchurch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2011/02/2-Covenant-Affirmations.pdf.
These duties will be conducted in an office environment with limited exposure to hazardous materials. Majority of the shift will be spent seated and working on a computer. Must have adequate sight to meet the responsibilities of the job. Must have the physical ability to use a telephone, facsimile machine, copy machine and other related office equipment.