JOB TITLE: Director of IT Services
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
STATUS: Full Time, Regular, Exempt (Support Raised Funded Position)
PURPOSE: Will oversee all information technology issues of campus. Will also develop meaningful relationships with students to lead these individuals towards meeting their educational goals.
- Fundraises for the support of general college operations.
- Works with the Vice President of Operations to oversee daily technology needs of the entire campus.
- Maintains the IP phone systems, webpage, computer systems, printers, and maintenance of all related equipment.
- Manages the backup, security, and user help systems.
- Develops computer information resources, provides data security and control, and disaster recovery.
- Manages the technology supplies and equipment of the college (computers, audiovisual equipment, sound system, etc.).
- Administration of windows servers, windows computers, network, email (G-Suite) and printers.
- Ability to support campus audio-visual needs and sound systems
- Manage staff cell phone needs
- Providing and implementing systems and procedures to protect and be able to recover ACC’s technology infrastructure and data from various levels of disaster
- Securing campus network and computers and providing security training for faculty and staff.
- Provides help desk support for faculty, staff and students during regular work hours and on occasion at other times.
- Tutors students in areas of educational need or information technology.
- Assists faculty in new creative areas of instructional technology.
- Purchasing and managing support contracts and software licensing.
- Purchasing and maintenance of hardware, including network devices and wiring, servers, laptops, desktops and printers.
- Develop and maintains standard operation procedures (SOP) manual for this position.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and unobstructed workspace.
- Participate in other ministry opportunities as agreed upon.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Operations.
Alaska Christian College esteems our students and co-workers and values each as members of our community of faith. Students, faculty, staff, visitors, and vendors are all considered to be customers and it is the duty of each employee, regardless of their position, to perform to a high level of customer service. All employees are encouraged to develop meaningful relationships with students and other staff to promote the mutual growth of deeper whole-life discipleship.
- Must have significant computer technology education and demonstrated experience. Certification and/ or equivalent field experience may substitute for degree.
- Must have a knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications, licensing and administration/configuration.
- Must have a knowledge of network hardware and software, including firewall configuration, network configuration, and security for both wired and wireless access.
- Must be able to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to work well with users with varying technical skills, especially those with minimal technical skills.
- Must understand and maintain confidentiality of all information seen or heard.
- Detail oriented, with a high degree of accuracy and skill in all work performed.
- Functions well in a cross-cultural environment, has a teachable attitude, is willing to be a team player.
- Must be able to work independently and show good judgment.
- Must have a knowledge of Microsoft products, including Windows Server/domain, Windows, and Office products as well as Microsoft licensing and the Google Suite of software.
- Must be able to work well with various vendors.
- Must be organized, efficient, and show good time management skills.
- Must be reliable and dependable with regular, timely attendance.
- Must be willing to agree to and sign statement of Evangelical Covenant Affirmations.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
PLEASE NOTE: ACC is a religious organization; to be considered for an interview, candidates should submit a short statement of faith along with their application materials and once hired, employees are required to sign a document agreeing with the Evangelical Statement of Faith and Affirmations. The Covenant Affirmations can be found here: Covenant-Affirmations.
These duties will be conducted in an office environment with limited exposure to hazardous materials. Majority of the shift will be spent seated and working on a computer. Must have adequate sight to meet the responsibilities of the job. Must be able to lift 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and brief statement of faith.