JOB TITLE: Adjunct Faculty
REPORTS TO: Academic Dean
STATUS: Part time, Temporary, Non-exempt
PURPOSE: To provide instruction in specific educational content to students at Alaska Christian
- Teach class assignments following ACC procedures on syllabi and assessment.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Maintain and report grades and embedded assignments in a timely manner.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Provide instructional and assessment accommodations to those students with documented physical and learning disabilities.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and unobstructed workspace.
- Participate in other ministry opportunities as agreed upon.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Alaska Christian College esteems our students and co-workers and values each as members of our community of faith. Students, faculty, staff, visitors, and vendors are all considered to be customers and it is the duty of each employee, regardless of their position, to perform to a high level of customer service. All employees are encouraged to develop meaningful relationships with students and other staff to promote the mutual growth of deeper whole-life discipleship.
- Must have a Masters degree in their field.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must have the ability to understand the implications of new information on current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Must be able to select and use training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Must be able to identify the educational needs of their students and develop formal educational or training programs to meet those needs.
- Must understand and maintain confidentiality of all information seen or heard.
- Must be detail oriented, with a high degree of accuracy and skill in all work performed.
- Must function well in a cross cultural environment, have a teachable attitude, be willing to be a team player.
- Must be able to work independently and show good judgment.
- Must be organized, efficient, and show good time management skills.
- Must be reliable and dependable with regular, timely attendance.
- Must be willing to agree to and sign statement of Evangelical Covenant Affirmations
- Must be able to pass a background check.
PLEASE NOTE: ACC is a religious organization; to be considered for an interview, candidates should submit a short statement of faith along with their application materials and once hired, employees are required to sign a document agreeing with the Evangelical Statement of Faith and Affirmations. The Covenant Affirmations can be found here: Covenant Affirmations
These duties will be conducted in a classroom environment with limited exposure to hazardous materials. Must have adequate sight to meet the responsibilities of the job.
Within the office, “business casual” dress is expected. Jeans are acceptable as long as they are clean and well-kept. If any questions arise regarding what is appropriate, speak with the supervisor.