Part-time (academic year), Hourly, Non-Exempt, Non-Benefited
Anticipated Start Date: January 10, 2020
The Resident Supervisor position at Alaska Christian College advises and serves the on-campus student body while living in community with the students; disciplines and counsels students when necessary in conjunction with the Director of Student Services; meets transportation needs and provides social/recreational opportunities for students in a Christian atmosphere; supervises Student Resident Assistants and may assist in the supervision of students enrolled in the student worker program. The RS is a support to the ACC student and staff community and provides mentorship, support, and guidance for the well-being of the campus community. Housing and Meals are provided in this job.
- Advises and serves the on-campus student body while living in community with the students.
Enforce rules and regulations.
- Be available to students when on duty.
- Mediate interpersonal problems between residents.
Disciplines and counsels students when necessary in conjunction with the Director of Student Services.
Leads Bible studies or mentor groups where applicable.
- Provides social/recreational opportunities for students in a Christian atmosphere.
Provides transportation needs for the students.
Makes regular rounds to ensure that residents and areas are safe and secure.
- Participates and assists in implementation of ministry trips and student leaders.
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOP) manual for the RS position.
- Serves in other areas where the RS desires growth and experience with the approval of the Director of Student Services depending on the type of experience desired.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Resident Assistants; Student Workers
Alaska Christian College esteems our students and co-workers and values each as members of our community of faith. Students, faculty, staff, visitors, and vendors are all considered to be customers and it is the duty of each employee, regardless of their position, to perform to a high level of customer service. All employees are encouraged to develop meaningful relationships with students and other staff to promote the mutual growth of deeper whole-life discipleship.
- AA required; completion of a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of human behavior, learning and motivation.
- Must have an understanding of group behavior and dynamics.
- Knowledge and experience in handling crisis interventions.
- Experience serving and mentoring young adults.
- Good knowledge of RS position and ability to make decisions affecting others.
- Cultural sensitivity and cultural awareness as well as a teachable spirit.
- Good team-building and team-managing skills.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude with students and staff alike despite circumstances.
- Must understand and maintain confidentiality of all information acquired during the performance of their duties.
- Must be able to work independently and show good judgment.
- Needs to be organized and show good time management skills.
- Must be reliable and dependable with regular, timely attendance.
- Able to meet the demands of an extraordinary schedule
- Must be able to maintain emotional health and create self-care plans
- Must be willing to take time for positive reflection and self-care activates on and off campus.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be willing to agree to and sign statement of Evangelical Covenant Affirmations.
PLEASE NOTE: ACC is a religious organization; to be considered for an interview, candidates should submit a short statement of faith along with their application materials and once hired, employees are required to sign a document agreeing with the Evangelical Statement of Faith and Affirmations. The Covenant Affirmations can be found here: Covenant-Affirmations.pdf.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving record.
For those ages 21-25: No major or minor moving violations in the past three years. No more than 1 at fault accident in the past three years.
For those ages 25-70: No major moving violations in the past three years. No more than 1 at fault accident in the past three years.
MAJOR MOVING VIOLATIONS (COMMERCIAL).
Any of the following moving violations: (This list is not all-inclusive.) Also, see minor moving violations.
- Careless/reckless driving.
- Drag racing or participation in speed contests
- Speed in excess of 20 mph over the limit
- Driver's license suspended, revoked, canceled, or barred
- Failure to stop and report accident involvement
- Violation of Open Container Law
- Possession of alcohol or drugs
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Felony use of a motor vehicle
- Homicide/assault while operating a vehicle
- Manslaughter or vehicular homicide
- Motor vehicle theft
MINOR MOVING VIOLATIONS (COMMERCIAL).
Violations not detailed as major serious) moving violations, such as the following violations: (This list is not all-inclusive.)
- Altered license or unlawful use of license or permit
- Any passing violation
- Driving on the wrong side of the road or in the wrong direction
- Failure to yield to emergency vehicles
- Failure to yield at intersection, stop sign, or traffic device
- Moving violation resulting in filing of evidence of financial responsibility
- School bus or school zone violation
- Speed equal to or less than 20 mph over the limit
- Talking or texting on a cell phone while driving
These duties will be conducted in an office environment with limited exposure to hazardous materials. Majority of on-site shift will be spent seated and working on a computer. Must have adequate sight to meet the responsibilities of the job. Must be able to lift 40 pounds on an occasional basis.