Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and brief statement of faith to be considered for this position.
JOB TITLE: Admissions Counselor
REPORTS TO: Director of Enrollment & Financial Aid
STATUS: Part time (approx. 32 hrs per week) Exempt, Regular, Non-benefited
PURPOSE: Responsible for the recruitment of potential students across Alaska by developing meaningful relationships in order to recruit them to Alaska Christian College. Provides support services to the Director of Enrollment & Financial Aid.
- Promotes ACC to prospective applicants; including, but not limited to traveling around the state to give presentations, meeting with students one-on-one, and manning informational tables at a regional high schools, college fairs, camps, retreats, etc.
- Builds, renews, and establishes relationships and connections while traveling in the state of Alaska.
- Has extensive knowledge about all of ACC’s programs and is able to communicate that information to a broad audience.
- Communicates with people outside the organization, representing the College to students, leaders, church bodies, and schools. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail. Responsible for following up all leads and helping them through admissions process.
- Participate in student recruitment, selection, and admission, making admission recommendations to the Director of Enrollment & Financial Aid and Director of Admissions when required to do so.
- Remains in communication with the Director of Enrollment& Financial Aid during and after trips for debriefing and evaluation of the trip.
- Provide assistance in conducting orientation programs.
- Leads tours of ACC properties.
- Performs necessary administrative duties connected to admitting students.
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Alaska Christian College esteems our students and co-workers and values each as members of our community of faith. Students, faculty, staff, visitors, and vendors are all considered to be customers and it is the duty of each employee, regardless of their position, to perform to a high level of customer service. All employees are encouraged to develop meaningful relationships with students and other staff to promote the mutual growth of deeper whole-life discipleship.
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Alaska Christian College graduate preferred.
- One year of relevant experience; experience in Higher Education admissions/recruiting preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with high school and college age students; experience with Alaska Native students preferred.
- Must be able to prove to prospective students that one of ACC’s programs is a good fit for their future.
- Must have knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal influences, ethnicity, and cultural histories and origins.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must understand and maintain confidentiality of all information seen or heard.
- Must be able to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Detail oriented, with a high degree of accuracy and skill in all work performed.
- Functions well in a cross cultural environment, has a teachable attitude, is willing to be a team player, must be adaptable, open to change and considerable variety in the workplace.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe and campus specific software.
- Must be organized, efficient, and show good time management skills.
- Able to meet the demands of an extraordinary travel schedule.
- Must be willing to agree to and sign statement of Evangelical Covenant Affirmations
- Must be able to pass a background check.
These duties will be conducted in an office environment with limited exposure to hazardous materials except when traveling. Majority of on-site shift will be spent seated and working on a computer. Extensive travel across the state is a requirement. Must have adequate sight to meet the responsibilities of the job. Must be able to lift 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
Within the office, “business casual” dress is expected. Jeans are acceptable as long as they are clean and well-kept.
Paid Time Off
Employer Paid Retirement Contributions
Optional AFLAC Supplemental Insurance